I have chosen Sundays for my weigh-in. This day just seems to work best for me. I weighed yesterday and I am at 150.2. I am up 4.6 from my lowest weight. That was 11/6. Almost two months ago. I can get back down there.
I bit the bullet in a big way. Kelley and I signed up for the SF Progressive Marathon. It isn't until July 29th, so we have plenty of time to get ready for it. We walked 5 miles yesterday and started the C25K program today. While we were out, we started discussing goals and came up with
1) 7 days of 30 minute or more exercise, we go out for coffee or something like that. Any thing but out to eat. I know coffee isn't exactly non-food reward, but we never do something like that so it will be a treat.
2) If we get down to running the 5k portion down below 30 minutes prior to the race date, we are going to go to a running store and get shoes fitted for us.
We each got a little calendar and stickers so we can mark off each day of exercise. We already have two for the new year. Great way to start it off!
Those are what we came up with and it feels good. We did really really well on day one, and am looking forward to Wednesday so we can run again. We also decided that on the off days, we are going to walk. We mapped out a little 2.4 mile walk that we can do before I go to work. I already have my clothes laid out and ready for morning exercise and have my work clothes and lunch made so I won't have to worry about it in the morning. :)
I bit the bullet in a big way. Kelley and I signed up for the SF Progressive Marathon. It isn't until July 29th, so we have plenty of time to get ready for it. We walked 5 miles yesterday and started the C25K program today. While we were out, we started discussing goals and came up with
1) 7 days of 30 minute or more exercise, we go out for coffee or something like that. Any thing but out to eat. I know coffee isn't exactly non-food reward, but we never do something like that so it will be a treat.
2) If we get down to running the 5k portion down below 30 minutes prior to the race date, we are going to go to a running store and get shoes fitted for us.
We each got a little calendar and stickers so we can mark off each day of exercise. We already have two for the new year. Great way to start it off!
Those are what we came up with and it feels good. We did really really well on day one, and am looking forward to Wednesday so we can run again. We also decided that on the off days, we are going to walk. We mapped out a little 2.4 mile walk that we can do before I go to work. I already have my clothes laid out and ready for morning exercise and have my work clothes and lunch made so I won't have to worry about it in the morning. :)



2 comments:
Great start!
Fantastic!
Post a Comment