BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MySpace Layouts »

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Making myself and what the doctor said...

Yesterday, I had to go to the doctor for my annual work physical. It went well, she gave me a new prescription for my PPI which I still need to take. But..she said to up my sodium. She said she didnt think she had ever told anyone that, but with the amount of water I drink and the fact that my BP was 83/54 AFTER climbing up two flights of stairs, I need to increase sodium and electrolytes. This is not going to be easy. I hate stuff like gatorade now so I guess I will have to try keeping Smart Water on hand. That should help with the dizziness I have when I wake up in the mornings.

I am still having a weird relationship with food. I have noticed I have started making "rules" again. Like, I can't eat my yogurt until a certain time, or I can't eat certain foods unless I do certain things. This got to the point before surgery that I would almost have to write down my rules to remember them. I don't want to get to that point again. So today, I ate my yogurt at a non-scheduled time. I'm such a rebel.

I found a neat idea on pinterest yesterday, so I stopped at Michael's and got the stuff to do it. Basically, for every pound you want to lose, you put 10 rocks into a jar. For every tenth of a pound you lose, you take a rock out. If you gain, you add rocks. I thought that was a fantastic visual/reward. I want to lose about 22 more pounds, so I put in 220. When I told Olaf about it, he told me I need to get more rocks and make a jar to see how much I have lost. It's just crazy to me that I would have to put in almost 800 rocks. Wow. So, I think we are gonna go this weekend and get a bigger jar and (a lot) more rocks. They are colored rocks so they will make a great decorative item that I will know the meaning of, but random people will not. (In case I have random people in my house, lol)

4 comments:

MandaPanda said...

Interesting idea with the rocks. I love Smart Water! I think it tastes a little better than regular water (probably all in my head) but I don't deal with the artificial sweetness that's in Crystal Light or Powerade Zero...stuff like that.

Jacquie said...

Great rock idea! I've joined pintrest but I am at a loss what to do! I have followers and have never pinned a darned thing!

Thank you for your kind comments on my blog!

Lap Band Gal said...

Cool idea with the rocks! :-)

Rhonda said...

Love the rocks idea! And is it bad that you make deals with yourself? I do the same thing... I have to drink 3 cups of water before I'll eat for the day. *blush*