I am so tired today I cannot stop yawning. I don't know what's going on today. I slept until my alarm went off, which never happens. I almost didn't recognize the sound. I am drinking a Go Girl that my daughter bought for me. It's very pink, but yummy and only <5 calories. I may have to stock these regularly.
Stupid funny thing in the office today. Every month, there is a managers meeting. The administrator gets cookies, grapes, brie cheese and crackers. Well, they ate all but 4 cookies, a few grapes and a few crackers. We have one woman here, she is in her 80's and is absolutely obsessed with food. To the point she has interrupted a co-worker who was talking about her mom's funeral to ask if people brought over foods and what did they bring, did they include recipes and so on. She always loads up a plate of snacks to take home with her to last until the next time she works. (She works M,W,F) Well, she was off Wednesday so today is her first day here since Monday. So she comes in today, sees the cookies and just goes ballistic. Asking where we had been hiding the cookies and why we didn't give her one. She won't believe they were from yesterday. I am so glad it's Friday. I just wish it were later in the day.
Our landlord will be coming in with a realtor on Sunday to look at the house. He is planning on putting it on the market after (if) we get our house. He promised he won't sell it out from under us and leave us with no where to go. This has happened before and it's not a good thing. I trust him, he's been a relatively good landlord, left us alone and for the most part fixed things when they needed it. But, the issue I have is, my mom, Corynn and Grant are not on the lease. Yeah, oops. So we are going to have to disguise the evidence and hide the bodies. Relax, we will leave them breathing. For now. :)
Now time for BYOC!
Stupid funny thing in the office today. Every month, there is a managers meeting. The administrator gets cookies, grapes, brie cheese and crackers. Well, they ate all but 4 cookies, a few grapes and a few crackers. We have one woman here, she is in her 80's and is absolutely obsessed with food. To the point she has interrupted a co-worker who was talking about her mom's funeral to ask if people brought over foods and what did they bring, did they include recipes and so on. She always loads up a plate of snacks to take home with her to last until the next time she works. (She works M,W,F) Well, she was off Wednesday so today is her first day here since Monday. So she comes in today, sees the cookies and just goes ballistic. Asking where we had been hiding the cookies and why we didn't give her one. She won't believe they were from yesterday. I am so glad it's Friday. I just wish it were later in the day.
Our landlord will be coming in with a realtor on Sunday to look at the house. He is planning on putting it on the market after (if) we get our house. He promised he won't sell it out from under us and leave us with no where to go. This has happened before and it's not a good thing. I trust him, he's been a relatively good landlord, left us alone and for the most part fixed things when they needed it. But, the issue I have is, my mom, Corynn and Grant are not on the lease. Yeah, oops. So we are going to have to disguise the evidence and hide the bodies. Relax, we will leave them breathing. For now. :)
Now time for BYOC!
BYOC
A little ditty where we answer a few questions on Friday to get to know each other better and to give our blogging brains a break. Copy and paste to your own blog if you so desire! Enjoy!
A little ditty where we answer a few questions on Friday to get to know each other better and to give our blogging brains a break. Copy and paste to your own blog if you so desire! Enjoy!
1. Sun or rain? Roses or tulips? Romantic movie or comedy?
Sun or rain? Definitely rain. I miss rain. Here it only happens in the winter and is not fun. It's just not. It's cold and hard and goes on for months. I miss a nice summer thunderstorm.
Roses or tulips? I am a rose girl, but I hate hot house roses, gimme a battered sweet smelling home grown rose any day.
Romantic movie or comedy? Comedy. I am not into mushy, just can't enjoy watching people slobber all over each other and sex scenes make me blush. I prefer to laugh. The stupider the better.
2. I’ve been sick lately and haven’t eaten in two days – except for ice cream…which leads me to ask – what’s your favorite ice cream flavor?
I have a new love. It's Sunnyside Farms Circus Animal Cracker Ice Cream. This stuff is so awesome, I only allow myself one spoon of it at a time. I get one big serving spoon, load it up with it's pink gooey awesomeness and put the rest back and walk away before it goes in my yapper. It's just too good. It has WHOLE circus animal cookies in it. The frosted ones, WITH the sprinkles still intact. I have seriously gotten three other people at work addicted to this stuff.
3. Are you a door locker – in your house and car?
9 times out of 10 (who am I kidding, I can't remember the last time it was locked) the house is unlocked. My car? Always locked. Someone is always home and always awake in my house, so it's hard to keep it locked. My car is only driven by me and occasionally Olaf.
4. In the spirit of my being sick and wanting to die – tell me your “go to remedies” for when you are sick?
My sick food is chicken pasta roni. I only eat this when I am sick and it always comforts me. I sleep alot and just want to be left alone.
5. Repeat question: Summarize your week in blog land and in real life.
Blogland: I have been more consistent with posting and commenting which helps me be more accountable. And honestly, sometimes puts my problems into perspective. I have a good life and my problems really seem minute compared to some others.
Real life: It has been a truly tiring week. I took two half days and one full day off because mentally I was just exhausted. I still am, but at least the weekend is here and I can catch up some more rest. My mom is doing better and I am in a little losing spurt. I like that! :)
Have a great weekend ( I usually don't blog on weekends, I just can't concentrate at home..weird, huh?)




3 comments:
I'm still on meds from my sinus infection and I literally nodded off at my desk a few minutes ago. OOPS! Glad it is Friday!
The "Go Girl" drink made me laugh. They are marketing an energy drink to the ladies, huh?! Well, it sounds good and I would try it if I found it. :)
Sorry so late commenting! I can't believe your colleague and her cookie monstering, how funny is that? I used to be like that, "Where are all da COOOKIES?!" sigh. Sometimes I miss being supa fat...
Glad your mom is doing better, and you know I love hearing about good scale movement! :)
Post a Comment