There is a blog I have followed for a few years now. She has lost close to 100 lbs. Right around the time she was to hit 100 lbs, she lost her mom and kind of got off track for a while. She has been fighting to get back on track and deal with her grief. So flash forward to this morning. I am reading her blog and she posts her weight. She has posted it before and it didn't seem to register with me. This morning she was 159. It dawned on me....wow, someone I looked up to, someone I aspire to be more like....weighs 6 lbs less than I do. Holy moly, how did that happen? Does this mean I am as awesome as she is?
I really try to not compare myself to others, it only sets you up for failure and bad feelings about yourself. But this just jumped up and screamed, Hello, you are doing something good here. Wow.
I am slowly working on body image. I look in the mirror and even though I can see changes, I don't see them as that dramatic. I have a picture of me and my son from when I went and picked him up from his dad's. I was at my highest weight (or close to it). It is taped to the wall above my desk at work. I see it every day and it is a reminder of what I am doing, what I have accomplished and where I am going.
But I still struggle to really believe that the clothes manufacturers are not really playing a trick on me. I really do wear a size 8/10 and it's not that all clothes are mis-sized.
We are really enjoying having the pool at the house. Corynn especially. She wants to go "wimmin" all the time. She is kind of afraid of the water, so she wants in, but is really clingy when she gets in there. After about 20-30 minutes, she will start dog paddling and acting like a puppy. This seems to work for her for now. I am really glad we got the pool. It gives me some low impact exercise and her a lot of fun.
Tuesday, July 12, 2011
Wait, what?
Posted by Stacey at 11:02 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
You're probably even more awesome than her. ;)
And love that you're getting some exercise and playing with the grandbaby. Best of both worlds. I wish I had a pool. LOL
I agree with Ronnie! :)
See it, live it, love it!!
Post a Comment