BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MySpace Layouts »

Friday, July 15, 2011

Friday's BYOC!

I am loving Draz's BYOC. I don't have to think of what to write about!  :)

  1. Let’s do something crazy….I’m going to list the rainbow colors and you type the first FOOD item that pops into your head that symbolizes that color for you:
    Red: Strawberries
    Orange: Cheetos ( I miss them)
    YellowCorn on the cob
    Green: Brussel sprouts (hate them, and am disturbed by their little lettuce-like appearance)
    Blue: Blueberries
    Purple: Eggplant (I can't think of anything else)
    Brown: Veggies (at least the ones in my fridge)
    Black: Toast (don't ask)
  2. What is on your kitchen table right now?   A lazy susan, salt, pepper, some random change, my daughter's purse, a big stuffed monster (what? where do you keep yours?), a hot pad, and some mail
     3.  What movie do you watch again and again and again? Not like what movie have you seen 5  
          times…but like what movie  have you seen 30 times or more? 
          There are two that I will watch forever more....Shawshank Redemption and What
          Dreams May Come

    
4. If Satan had a last name – what would it be?
          I think it would be Mademedoit. (Get it? Get it?)

     5. Repeat question: Summarize your week in blogland and in real life.

 Blogland- I am trying to do better, I have posted several
          times this week and commented a bunch. I'm getting there!
 Real life- It's been pretty good, a few little bumps, but not bad. My mom is not speaking to me, but I guess that can be seen as a
          blessing in disguise. I got a new shirt and dress from Macy's. The shirt was a small (what?) and the dress a medium. Maybe one
          day I will believe I have lost the weight and it's not just a trick the clothes manufacturers are playing on me. Yeah, cause I am that
          important that a whole industry is plotting to give me a better body image. No, really, I am.


In other news, I went back and re-read my  post from yesterday and I have to say...Kudos to those of you who actually understood what the heck I was saying. I re-wrote the paragraph and didn't proof read it again. Sorry about that.

This is what you read:
She got a message today that her child her today to let her know that  house burned down yesterday. They lost everything. Everything except what they were wearing at the time. In her case, she was in the shower so she had time to grab a towel. She is not a small woman. I would say she's a good 375-400 lbs. My mom's reaction? "where did she find a towel that big?" and "those poor firemen."

This is what you should have read:


She got a message today that her childhood friend's house burned down yesterday. They lost everything. Everything except what they were wearing at the time. In her case, she was in the shower so she had time to grab a towel. She is not a small woman. I would say she's a good 375-400 lbs. My mom's reaction? "where did she find a towel that big?" and "those poor firemen."


Proofreading is a powerful tool to not sounding like a babbling dingbat. 


On a side note, what is the weather like in Chicago around the time we are going. I obsess over stuff to take and can't start obsessing without knowing weather. I need to obsess....help a sistah out here. 

6 comments:

Justawallflower said...

I really enjoy reading your posts, so I am very excited about you posting regularly now! As for chicago, I refuse to start obsessing until I lose more weight! I want to be 20 more down before then, but don't know if it will happen. Either way, I totally plan on having to shop for a whole new wardrobe just to have clothes that fit!

Rhonda said...

Hehe, I get it, I get it! :)

I need to obsess, too. I have NO idea what to bring. We can coordinate with somebody and find out. I want to start packing already. *stomps around like a two year old!*

I'm ready to be there and meeting everybody.

So glad you're back and commenting and meeting new gals. We're going to have a blast. :)

Steph said...

I've already started thinking about what I'm going to wear. here it is 95 degrees and I'm planning on colder weather clothing. Last year I arrived on Thursday and at 8:00 at night it was in the mid to upper 80's. It was a warm night and we sat outside and enjoyed it. The next day, it was in the 60's during the day and downright CHILLY at night (need a jacket weather). On Saturday it was overcast and freezing, but that was because a rain shower came through and it was cloudy. I was in longsleeves and jeans and still cold. Just keep an eye out on the weather channel! :)

Beth Ann said...

Hee! You're funny. :) Awesome BYOC.

Rhonda said...

I totally just re-read that, and I think we may be related - brussels sprouts freak me out, too!

...and artichokes... *shudder*

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Ha - mademedoit...LOVE IT!