BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MySpace Layouts »

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Such randomness

I only have a few things to talk about today.

I hardly ever talk about what I eat, which most of the time is probably not the best of choices, but better than I used to. And I stick close to my dr.'s plan. Today I have had

Breakfast: 1 protein shake (this is my during the week breakfast)
Lunch was 4 (really 3.5) Morningstar chikn nuggets. I don't get how they make veggies taste like meat, but I love them for it.
Snack: Think Thin bar (10g protein, 3 sugars, 4 fiber)
Dinner: 1/2 cup curry chicken, 1/2 slice garlic bread and maybe a little salad.
I have days where I feel like I eat constantly and days where my stomach feels swollen and I can hardly eat. Unfortunately, those days, I feel bloated and Michelin man-ish.

I went through my pants last night and found a pair I misbought, when I first started wearing 10s, I got these. They came from Goodwill and they are size 12 Gap Brand. Problem was, The Gap seems to make their sizes differently and these bad boys wouldn't go up past my tushy. Until last night, and yes I AM wearing them today and they are not uncomfortable.

While I was trying on clothes, I put on my before pants. OMG, I was blown away at the difference. I ran around the house (hand firmly holding them) showing everyone. My mom, her comment was, "You have done well, I bet you are pissed off that you let yourself get that big in the first place." Punch to the gut and slap to the face all in one sentence. I don't understand how I never notice how judgmental and racist she is. I guess I just didn't want to see it.

Case in point:
She got a message today that her child her today to let her know that  house burned down yesterday. They lost everything. Everything except what they were wearing at the time. In her case, she was in the shower so she had time to grab a towel. She is not a small woman. I would say she's a good 375-400 lbs. My mom's reaction? "where did she find a towel that big?" and "those poor firemen."

She is becoming this vile woman that I cannot even stand to be around anymore.

I don't wanna end on that note so I will say.....last night, for date night, we went and saw "Horrible Bosses." Now, we usually do not see movies if they do not have chase scenes, blow stuff up or lots of people die. (Totally not my choice) But we went and saw a comedy and man, I laughed all the way through it. All. The. Way.

4 comments:

Justawallflower said...

I look forward to seeing it. We went to see Zoo Keeper last night, and it was equally as funny!

Don't let your mom's negativity rub off on you. And don't let her negativity towards you discredit how far you've come and how much better you are because of your choices!

Samantha said...

Congrats on the pants and on all the good food choices!" Awesome!!

Beth Ann said...

Keep up the positivity!! :)

Rhonda said...

I've been wanting to see that too! :)

I can't believe your mother, I would avoid her like the plague. That's how I am with my grandparents who are the exact same way. It kills me.

I wish I could find some Morningstar stuff at my local Wally World, but I'm afraid they don't carry it. Where do you get yours?

Oh, and CONGRATS on the new size. :D