Every other Friday is payday. First thing I do when I get to work is I run through bookmarks paying bills. I have been putting at least 10% into savings and then working on paying my credit cards off.
So far, I have more than enough for Chicago, I won't have to skip something because I can't afford it. Woot!
I also have managed to pay off 3 cards totally, and others are not far behind. This is HUGE for me. I went through this period of, "I can't eat, what do I do with these feelings. I know, SHOP!!!" Big mistake, I am paying for it now and luckily I caught it before it got out of hand. But man, I am looking at these statements and re-thinking my feeling stuffing. All of my credit cards are in my name only, so I don't ask Olaf to pay anything. I did this, I will take care of it.
Olaf comes home tonight, I am picking him up at the airport at 4. I am excited, I miss him like crazy when he's gone. He only just left on Wednesday, but I still miss him. He texted me some pictures last night of his dinner. I don't know where he was, but I don't ever want to go there! All the food came on these skewers that were about 2 feet long. He said they brought out 14(!) of them. Seriously? That is more meat than I will eat in probably 5 years now! Insanity, I tell ya!
And now what we have all been waiting for it's time for BYOC!
It’s BYOC day! Bring Your Own Crazy! We answer a few questions to get to know each other better and to give our blog brains a break! Copy and paste to your own blog and enjoy!!
1. Alright – forgive me – we’re gonna get a little personal here. I was flipping through my organizer and saw in big bright letters “ANNUAL PHYSICAL DUE” coming up soon. Then I remembered that last year my lady bits doc said that since I haven’t had a bad pap in so many years – that I don’t have to come back for another 3 years if I don’t want to. What the what? Did you guys know that?
No speculum in the vaginulum?
Anywhoozle – it sounds all good but really – do any of you follow this medical rule? Do you go every three years if you’ve never had a bad pap?
I had a total hysterectomy in 2002, no more of that business for me. I do not miss that ONE little bit.
2. If you read, what are you reading right now? Or how about what is your fave music right now?
I have several books going. On my nook, I have American Gods by Neil Gaiman. On my phone I have Just a Geek by Wil Wheaton. And I have a real book
3. Name some of your favorite smells.
Herve Leger perfume. It's almost the only perfume I wear.
Olaf in the morning right after he showers.
Bar-B-Que
Real Strawberries-fake strawberry just doesn't do it for me.
4. Showers or baths? Shampoo only or shampoo & conditioner? Shave daily or just when you start feeling and looking like an ape?
For now, showers. I don't have a tub in my bathroom and try as I might to take one in the kids bathroom, it just grosses me out. When we get our new house, we are putting in a jacuzzi tub. Then I will be blogging from the bathroom!
5. Repeat question: Summarize your week in real life and in blogland.
Blogland- I have had a lot of fun this week. Found a few new blogs and got a bunch of new followers! *waves at everyone*
Real life- it's been kinda quiet. Like I said before, Olaf is gone so I have been missing him. But he will be home in 4 1/2 hours :)
So far, I have more than enough for Chicago, I won't have to skip something because I can't afford it. Woot!
I also have managed to pay off 3 cards totally, and others are not far behind. This is HUGE for me. I went through this period of, "I can't eat, what do I do with these feelings. I know, SHOP!!!" Big mistake, I am paying for it now and luckily I caught it before it got out of hand. But man, I am looking at these statements and re-thinking my feeling stuffing. All of my credit cards are in my name only, so I don't ask Olaf to pay anything. I did this, I will take care of it.
Olaf comes home tonight, I am picking him up at the airport at 4. I am excited, I miss him like crazy when he's gone. He only just left on Wednesday, but I still miss him. He texted me some pictures last night of his dinner. I don't know where he was, but I don't ever want to go there! All the food came on these skewers that were about 2 feet long. He said they brought out 14(!) of them. Seriously? That is more meat than I will eat in probably 5 years now! Insanity, I tell ya!
And now what we have all been waiting for it's time for BYOC!
It’s BYOC day! Bring Your Own Crazy! We answer a few questions to get to know each other better and to give our blog brains a break! Copy and paste to your own blog and enjoy!!
1. Alright – forgive me – we’re gonna get a little personal here. I was flipping through my organizer and saw in big bright letters “ANNUAL PHYSICAL DUE” coming up soon. Then I remembered that last year my lady bits doc said that since I haven’t had a bad pap in so many years – that I don’t have to come back for another 3 years if I don’t want to. What the what? Did you guys know that?
No speculum in the vaginulum?
Anywhoozle – it sounds all good but really – do any of you follow this medical rule? Do you go every three years if you’ve never had a bad pap?
I had a total hysterectomy in 2002, no more of that business for me. I do not miss that ONE little bit.
2. If you read, what are you reading right now? Or how about what is your fave music right now?
I have several books going. On my nook, I have American Gods by Neil Gaiman. On my phone I have Just a Geek by Wil Wheaton. And I have a real book
3. Name some of your favorite smells.
Herve Leger perfume. It's almost the only perfume I wear.
Olaf in the morning right after he showers.
Bar-B-Que
Real Strawberries-fake strawberry just doesn't do it for me.
4. Showers or baths? Shampoo only or shampoo & conditioner? Shave daily or just when you start feeling and looking like an ape?
For now, showers. I don't have a tub in my bathroom and try as I might to take one in the kids bathroom, it just grosses me out. When we get our new house, we are putting in a jacuzzi tub. Then I will be blogging from the bathroom!
5. Repeat question: Summarize your week in real life and in blogland.
Blogland- I have had a lot of fun this week. Found a few new blogs and got a bunch of new followers! *waves at everyone*
Real life- it's been kinda quiet. Like I said before, Olaf is gone so I have been missing him. But he will be home in 4 1/2 hours :)



4 comments:
Congrats on that first part! YAY!
Paying off credit cards is the BEST!! Awesome!
You're awesome, not relying on O to help with your credit cards. I still wanna be a strong, independent woman like that when I'm married. :)
Glad he'll be home tonight, enjoy it! I know it'll be nice to not just have the kids and grandbaby around - as much as you love 'em you need someone who's on your team all the time, am I right? lol
That is so funny that you mentioned the meat on skewers because I think we are going to something like that on Saturday night at BOOBs. Go read their most recent post about the restaurant we are going to eat at. It sounds the same. I plan to do the "light" version. You'll see what I mean.
And I know what you mean about missing your husband even when he leaves for a short visit. I would too. :)
Post a Comment