My day started with a tsunami warning and ended with getting in trouble for doing my job, which left me scratching my head. In the middle, I found out that the school I have been going to for the last year is useless in getting certified in RHIT. I am numb. I will have a degree that will be followed by the question of whether I am certified or not. And I won't be. Because I chose the wrong friggidy school.
Getting in trouble for doing my job, that was lovely. Part of my job is to notify the state when someone no longer works for us. Anyone who works there has to be "livescanned" and have DOJ and FBI clearance. When they terminate, I have to (HAVE TO) tell the DMH so that they can do the proper notifications. Well, last month, our nurse practitioner walked out on us, no notice, no see ya later bye, just quit. They turned in our status change notification to me, and I filled out the proper forms and faxed them in. Fast forward a MONTH. The administrator comes to me asking if I had done her no longer interested. Thinking he was checking to see if I did my job, I told him of course I did. Gave him the date and totally did NOT expect the reaction I got. I got a 15 minute lecture on how I should really consult with him before doing paperwork on "his staff." **dink, dink** (anime eyeblink sound) I thought he was kidding at first. With any other company, this woman would be on a no-rehire status. But she is thinking about coming back to do staff physicals. No patient contact, so maybe he will let her slide on getting another livescan. Give me a break. I had to be livescanned and I work in a different building and do not interact with patients at all. I am still shaking my head. Oh well.
No matter how stupidly stupid my day was, I didn't eat. I didn't eat any of the case of ghiradelli carmel squares that were mailed to me at work from some random company I have never heard of. Really, I really felt like I was in Bizarro world today. I am glad it's over. Glad the week is over.
Tomorrow I have a final for a class I hate to earn a degree that is useless. Yay, fun day to look forward to.
Sorry, I know I am pissy and whiny today. It's better than eating.
Getting in trouble for doing my job, that was lovely. Part of my job is to notify the state when someone no longer works for us. Anyone who works there has to be "livescanned" and have DOJ and FBI clearance. When they terminate, I have to (HAVE TO) tell the DMH so that they can do the proper notifications. Well, last month, our nurse practitioner walked out on us, no notice, no see ya later bye, just quit. They turned in our status change notification to me, and I filled out the proper forms and faxed them in. Fast forward a MONTH. The administrator comes to me asking if I had done her no longer interested. Thinking he was checking to see if I did my job, I told him of course I did. Gave him the date and totally did NOT expect the reaction I got. I got a 15 minute lecture on how I should really consult with him before doing paperwork on "his staff." **dink, dink** (anime eyeblink sound) I thought he was kidding at first. With any other company, this woman would be on a no-rehire status. But she is thinking about coming back to do staff physicals. No patient contact, so maybe he will let her slide on getting another livescan. Give me a break. I had to be livescanned and I work in a different building and do not interact with patients at all. I am still shaking my head. Oh well.
No matter how stupidly stupid my day was, I didn't eat. I didn't eat any of the case of ghiradelli carmel squares that were mailed to me at work from some random company I have never heard of. Really, I really felt like I was in Bizarro world today. I am glad it's over. Glad the week is over.
Tomorrow I have a final for a class I hate to earn a degree that is useless. Yay, fun day to look forward to.
Sorry, I know I am pissy and whiny today. It's better than eating.




2 comments:
Dude, that sucks! It's bad enough to get yelled at when you mess up, but when you are doing what you are supposed to?? Ugh. I bow to you for not devouring those chocolates!!
I hate pissy days but I've had a few myself and I guess every day can't be rainbows right? That you didn't eat is HUGE....pat yourself on the back for that.
Post a Comment