Draz's BYOC. Here is my crazy for all the world to see. :)
1. Regardless of what stage you are in - in your weight loss, get healthy journey – do you still consider yourself “fat”? Was there a point when you stopped feeling that way?
I am still early on, and yeah, I still feel "fat." I don't know if that will go away. I think it is part of my mental self image and will be hard to redefine. I still feel like one morning I am going to wake up and realize that I have been reading the sizes wrong, that they are 20s not 10s and the scale has been calibrated wrong. I will be back to 225 and not the 177.6 I saw this morning. There are days that I actually feel "fatter" than I ever did. I feel like one of those kids in the big bulky snowsuits that can't bend right and arms stick out.
2. Tell us about your first kiss.
•My first kiss. Very first one...Charlie Pillow. His daddy was a dentist and we were in Pre-K. I loved that boy and wanted to be a dentist too...at least briefly. First real one? His name was Jeff and he had blonde hair and was tall and I had a huge crush on him for a very long time. We were at a lock-in at the church and we were watching a movie and it just happened. Totally ruined anyone elses kisses for a very long time. No one compared to that first one from him.
3. Describe your parenting style (either current or what you hope to do or what you would do if you ever had kids)?
Hmmm....I would say Rosanne Barr on prozac. I still have the sarcasm, but I never put my kids down. They may be a little different, but they are good people and I think for the most part, I did a good job.
4. How would your best friend describe you?
Problem here? I don't have a best friend. I have insulated myself for years away from people. I don't trust them and structured my life to where I didn't "need" people. Now, I am starting to crave having someone to share with and do stuff with, but usually when I make friends, they end up crazy and move in with me. It's a long story so just suffice it to say, it will be a while before I totally let someone in.
5. Repeat question: Summarize your week in blog land and in real life.
Blog life- quiet, I have been reading, some commenting, not posting much as usual. I am trying, but just can't seem to put two words together some days
Home life- I have been tired this week. I am doing better with being able to eat, I have been hitting my protein goal most days and am pushing through.
One a good note, I have a weight tracker and plugged in that I wanted to be 150 by 9/29 and at my current rate, I will actually hit that on 9/18. So that's encouraging! I am looking forward to not being uncomfortable meeting new people and also, I won't be uncomfortable on the plane. (which I totally hate flying).
1. Regardless of what stage you are in - in your weight loss, get healthy journey – do you still consider yourself “fat”? Was there a point when you stopped feeling that way?
I am still early on, and yeah, I still feel "fat." I don't know if that will go away. I think it is part of my mental self image and will be hard to redefine. I still feel like one morning I am going to wake up and realize that I have been reading the sizes wrong, that they are 20s not 10s and the scale has been calibrated wrong. I will be back to 225 and not the 177.6 I saw this morning. There are days that I actually feel "fatter" than I ever did. I feel like one of those kids in the big bulky snowsuits that can't bend right and arms stick out.
2. Tell us about your first kiss.
•My first kiss. Very first one...Charlie Pillow. His daddy was a dentist and we were in Pre-K. I loved that boy and wanted to be a dentist too...at least briefly. First real one? His name was Jeff and he had blonde hair and was tall and I had a huge crush on him for a very long time. We were at a lock-in at the church and we were watching a movie and it just happened. Totally ruined anyone elses kisses for a very long time. No one compared to that first one from him.
3. Describe your parenting style (either current or what you hope to do or what you would do if you ever had kids)?
Hmmm....I would say Rosanne Barr on prozac. I still have the sarcasm, but I never put my kids down. They may be a little different, but they are good people and I think for the most part, I did a good job.
4. How would your best friend describe you?
Problem here? I don't have a best friend. I have insulated myself for years away from people. I don't trust them and structured my life to where I didn't "need" people. Now, I am starting to crave having someone to share with and do stuff with, but usually when I make friends, they end up crazy and move in with me. It's a long story so just suffice it to say, it will be a while before I totally let someone in.
5. Repeat question: Summarize your week in blog land and in real life.
Blog life- quiet, I have been reading, some commenting, not posting much as usual. I am trying, but just can't seem to put two words together some days
Home life- I have been tired this week. I am doing better with being able to eat, I have been hitting my protein goal most days and am pushing through.
One a good note, I have a weight tracker and plugged in that I wanted to be 150 by 9/29 and at my current rate, I will actually hit that on 9/18. So that's encouraging! I am looking forward to not being uncomfortable meeting new people and also, I won't be uncomfortable on the plane. (which I totally hate flying).



2 comments:
Thanks for doing BYOC....
I'm glad you are sharing with us!!
Post a Comment