The past two days, I have not been able to eat solid food without discomfort. I am just doing liquids (protein shakes, water, lukewarm camomile tea). I go for my 4 month follow up on the 30th so maybe he can shed some light on why some days I just can't put anything in there without it feeling like I swallowed glass.
We went and saw "The Adjustment Bureau" yesterday. It was good in an almost "Inception" but they didn't have the imagination kind of way. I liked it, but really wouldn't recommend it for the theater, Netflix? Yeah, good date night movie.
We are still waiting to hear on the house. I just keep it out of my head most days. This weekend I packed up some of my purses, it needed to be done. I am packing away stuff we aren't using "right now." What we have heard so far is that the listing agent paid for another appraisal because the other was just way too high. Come to find out, it appraised at $380K. We offered $250K. In this market and with the cosmetic condition of the house, there is no way they will get that much. The listing agent agreed and thus the new appraisal. First thing out of the appraiser's mouth is "this is gonna be some work." Yay. The listing agent told her we offered $230K to get a low number in her head and sent her on her way. Now the bank has the appraisal and they say they will let us know in two weeks. Listing agent says she is positive it's ours. Fingers crossed.
Funny thing is, the two week window falls with Olaf will be in Miami for the Ultra Music Festival. Every anniversary, I pre-order his ticket for March. This year they extended it to 3 days and it sold out. He loves it and I love that he looks forward to it so much. Next year I am hoping to pay his airfare and hotel too. He would croak if I did that.
Since I was married before and got really burned financially, we keep separate bank accounts. At different banks even. Not that I don't trust him, but I just feel more secure that way. He totally understands that and respects that it has nothing to do with him. He makes about 3 times more than I do, so the money I make is mine and I pay my car payment and the cell phone bill. The rest of it, I can do with what I want. I was buying groceries, but somehow that shifted to him. I have offered many times to take on more bills and he refuses. Sometimes it makes me feel like a kept woman. LOL
Today is another day at work where I have the office to myself. It is so weird that it is happening so often now. I'm not complaining though. It's quiet and I have me some Michael Hedges playing on Pandora. I love acoustical guitar. It just relaxes me so much.
**Side note**.when I was packing my purses, I decided to switch purses. Bad idea. Fast forward to this morning when I am trying to leave, no keys. Yep, I packed my keys so I had to unpack the box. I can be a real dingbat sometimes. But I am so darn lovable that I get forgiven. A lot.
**Side side note** Remember when someone said "dingbat" and it was Edith Bunker that came up in mental google? Now you google dingbat and it's a font. Who knew. Somethings just shouldn't be messed with.
We went and saw "The Adjustment Bureau" yesterday. It was good in an almost "Inception" but they didn't have the imagination kind of way. I liked it, but really wouldn't recommend it for the theater, Netflix? Yeah, good date night movie.
We are still waiting to hear on the house. I just keep it out of my head most days. This weekend I packed up some of my purses, it needed to be done. I am packing away stuff we aren't using "right now." What we have heard so far is that the listing agent paid for another appraisal because the other was just way too high. Come to find out, it appraised at $380K. We offered $250K. In this market and with the cosmetic condition of the house, there is no way they will get that much. The listing agent agreed and thus the new appraisal. First thing out of the appraiser's mouth is "this is gonna be some work." Yay. The listing agent told her we offered $230K to get a low number in her head and sent her on her way. Now the bank has the appraisal and they say they will let us know in two weeks. Listing agent says she is positive it's ours. Fingers crossed.
Funny thing is, the two week window falls with Olaf will be in Miami for the Ultra Music Festival. Every anniversary, I pre-order his ticket for March. This year they extended it to 3 days and it sold out. He loves it and I love that he looks forward to it so much. Next year I am hoping to pay his airfare and hotel too. He would croak if I did that.
Since I was married before and got really burned financially, we keep separate bank accounts. At different banks even. Not that I don't trust him, but I just feel more secure that way. He totally understands that and respects that it has nothing to do with him. He makes about 3 times more than I do, so the money I make is mine and I pay my car payment and the cell phone bill. The rest of it, I can do with what I want. I was buying groceries, but somehow that shifted to him. I have offered many times to take on more bills and he refuses. Sometimes it makes me feel like a kept woman. LOL
Today is another day at work where I have the office to myself. It is so weird that it is happening so often now. I'm not complaining though. It's quiet and I have me some Michael Hedges playing on Pandora. I love acoustical guitar. It just relaxes me so much.
**Side note**.when I was packing my purses, I decided to switch purses. Bad idea. Fast forward to this morning when I am trying to leave, no keys. Yep, I packed my keys so I had to unpack the box. I can be a real dingbat sometimes. But I am so darn lovable that I get forgiven. A lot.
**Side side note** Remember when someone said "dingbat" and it was Edith Bunker that came up in mental google? Now you google dingbat and it's a font. Who knew. Somethings just shouldn't be messed with.



3 comments:
Keeping my fingers crossed for the house. Hoping your doc can help you figure out what's going on.
Gosh, I hope you get some relief soon. That sounds awful!
I'm hoping your house comes through, I know how much ya love it. :) And I hope your doc can shed some light on what's going on with your stomach, that's really no bueno that you can't do solids! :((
And I'd enjoy being a kept woman. My mama always says I'll have to marry a brain surgeon to be taken care of the way I want to be. ;)
Post a Comment