So, I usually blog from work. My family is nosy and busts into my bedroom at all hours. Day and night. Yes, it does take its toll. There is a TOTAL fear of lack of privacy. If we lock the door, they knock. It's insane and rude. So, here I am.
I have the office to myself today, L took the day off for her apartment inspection. Evidently, in Novato, they have annual inspections of all apartments. No thank you, I wouldn't want that. P only works half days, so she is gone. She is close to 80 and will probably be retiring soon. My boss wants me to step into her job when she is gone. I don't know if I want to stay in accounting. It would pay well, and I would have my own office, but I would rather go into medical records.
Yesterday, Kelley and I went to a bridal fair in Palo Alto. The best thing out of it? I found an awesome wine. Like seriously, I bought a case awesome wine. It was an Italian varietal and we had to run by the winery to pick it up. So, while I was there, the guy was giving us very heavy handed tastings. I wound up buying two more bottles of a cabernet franc. This winery is so awesome. When I got home, Olaf tried it and agree that it was the best wine he had tasted. It is so rare for us to agree on wines. After that, we went and walked around a shopping center and had coffee to kinda mellow out before the long drive home.
I was down .2 this morning. Glad to see that, just really wish it was more of the water weight I picked up. I have a feeling tomorrow will be better. But Dang I am craving salt. Lots of salt. I am drinking water like it's going out of style. But it's not helping. Being alone in the office doesn't help, there are crackers in the other office and next to cookies, crackers are well...my crack. Crackers are just salty cookies really. This is gonna be a long afternoon.
I have the office to myself today, L took the day off for her apartment inspection. Evidently, in Novato, they have annual inspections of all apartments. No thank you, I wouldn't want that. P only works half days, so she is gone. She is close to 80 and will probably be retiring soon. My boss wants me to step into her job when she is gone. I don't know if I want to stay in accounting. It would pay well, and I would have my own office, but I would rather go into medical records.
Yesterday, Kelley and I went to a bridal fair in Palo Alto. The best thing out of it? I found an awesome wine. Like seriously, I bought a case awesome wine. It was an Italian varietal and we had to run by the winery to pick it up. So, while I was there, the guy was giving us very heavy handed tastings. I wound up buying two more bottles of a cabernet franc. This winery is so awesome. When I got home, Olaf tried it and agree that it was the best wine he had tasted. It is so rare for us to agree on wines. After that, we went and walked around a shopping center and had coffee to kinda mellow out before the long drive home.I was down .2 this morning. Glad to see that, just really wish it was more of the water weight I picked up. I have a feeling tomorrow will be better. But Dang I am craving salt. Lots of salt. I am drinking water like it's going out of style. But it's not helping. Being alone in the office doesn't help, there are crackers in the other office and next to cookies, crackers are well...my crack. Crackers are just salty cookies really. This is gonna be a long afternoon.



2 comments:
My BFF is a wino so I will pass on the wine info! Thanks!
Hmm... I'm not usually a wine fan, but I may have to make an exception. :)
Post a Comment