BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MySpace Layouts »

Friday, October 21, 2011

Seems to me....

I seem to be in this rut of only posting on Tuesdays and Fridays. The rest of the week is crazy.

This week has been especially off. I don't talk much about what I do, other than to bitch and whine about my crah-zazy coworker. But, it has gotten depressing and scary.

I came to work yesterday to two new developments.

1) I came to work to find out one of our clients had died in his sleep. They did not remove his body until after 4:30 yesterday afternoon. That makes the clients on edge. You do not want paranoid schizophrenics on edge. It's not a pretty sight. They are dealing with loss of a fellow resident and friend...on top of that, they have to keep walking by the room where is body is stored. Not a good thing.

2) I have an admirer. Again, not good. He is one of the clients here and he will fixate on women. Typically, they can redirect him. But...they found notes he has been taking about me, drawings he has made and evidently, they are pretty graphic and violent. So...now I have to have an escort any time I go down to the floor. They are working on getting him transferred, but unless he is sent to the ER it may not happen until next week. So, there's that. I knew he was fixated on me, he stops me in the halls and asks to "date" me, told me he was going to beat up my husband and things like that. I had reported it all like I was supposed to, but I had no idea the extent of it. I have not seen the drawings, I opted not to. If I see stuff like that, I will never feel safe here and would have to find another job. I like my job and cannot let something like that scare me. I am aware of the dangers and take precautions. I just don't want to know the specifics.


On the weight loss front, I have lost a little more and was at 148 this morning. My goal is to be at 145.7 by 11/29. That is my one year surgery anniversary and that would be just awesome. My one year check up in on the 10th and it would be even more awesome if I could get there by then. But I am not going to stress over it.

I went to the doctor on Tuesday and she did xrays of my hips and back. The injury I have had for years is healing, but the pain that I am in is getting worse. So, she first said maybe it's Fibromyalgia, but wanted to do blood tests. I went to the lab and they had also gotten the orders for my checkup bloodwork. SOOOO 23 tubes of blood later, I walk out of there. Good lord, I feel like they should have given me juice and a cookie. I think they might secretly be vampires and they are skimming off the top. Anywho...Kaiser has this great feature where they email you the results when they come in. From the lab, not your doctor. So you get numerical values of where you are and what is "normal." In theory, this is awesome. I get to know quick. But, my test came back abnormal on several of the test my doc wanted. Vitamin panels were stellar. So, stupid me, I google. Trust me, sometimes google is NOT your friend. These tests range from could be an infection (but WBC was fine) to oh you have cancer. Great. So now I get to create all these little scenarios in my befuddled brain until my doctor contacts me.  Some of the options besides cancer or infection are RA or Lupus, and other fun things like that. I am not going to stress out over this too much. *ahem* No really, I won't.

I am babbly today..sorry. I have so many more convoluted thoughts in my head but I am gonna spare you those!  :)

Have a great day!

8 comments:

Justawallflower said...

Wow, what a week for you! I really hope they get this guy transferred at work NOW! That can be really scarry. But good for you not checking out the photos. That can be a bit much.

As for the blood work, my thoughts are with you. I hope they all come back being fine.

I hope that you were child free at work today, at least! have a wonderful weekend!

Theresa said...

Wow, that's all pretty scary. I hope things get better on all fronts. Hang in there...and kudos on the weight, I'm sure you'll meet your one year goal!

Rhonda said...

Oh hell no, I would be freaking out. I wouldn't want to see what he had to write about me (if I were you) either. :(

Ms. M said...

Yikes! I would be wanting to take vacation until they got that guy moved. But I guess an escort is better than nothing.

I have a habit of googling things I probably should just wait for the doctor on. All of the "info" you find on the internet can be so frightening. There are many things that CAN be signs of serious illness when in fact nothing serious is wrong... I've freaked myself out that way many times. Now I try REALLY hard not... not always successful though. Good luck with everything!

MandaPanda said...

I like it when you're babbly. How scary about the client being all obsessed with you. Glad your work is taking proper precautions.

Try not to stress too much over the blood work. Google is a terrible enemy when it comes to stuff like this.

Fluffy said...

Yikes on all counts! I hope they get that client moved and everything is OK health wise.

Bonnie said...

Damn you've got a lot going on. Will keep my fingers crossed that everything works out for the best.

Steph said...

Sorry to hear you have a nut job fixatedon you, but I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that you are safe. know we are all here for you if you ever need to vent or an ear to talk to! Hugs!