BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MySpace Layouts »

Friday, July 16, 2010

The Universe speaks

I get random "Tips from the Universe" in my email. This was what I had this morning. It just seemed fitting. 


"So what if you don't have it yet, Stacey?

It's coming. You're gonna get it. You're gonna love it. And then you're gonna forget there was ever a time when you didn't have it.

Like clockwork."



So I went to orientation on Tuesday, I pretty much had learned all the stuff they covered before I went, but it was still very interesting. I am also 100% sure that I want to have the sleeve now. It just seems a better fit for me and my lifestyle. 

I have done a lot of thinking over the last few days, and honestly, I feel more comfortable with myself now that I have made a decision than I have in years. If ever. I feel calm and hopeful. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. 


I started the pre-op diet, just to get started. I have my surgeon appointment on July 30th. I am hoping he will agree with me that the sleeve is what I need. 


I was worried about the pre-op diet, but honestly, I am doing well on it. I have already lost 3 pounds according to my scale. I feel good about it. I can do this. I look forward to not having to eat much. I really hate eating now. If I could live on vitamins alone, I would. For me, eating is something I always feel guilty about doing. I feel like if I eat too much, I'm being a pig. If I try and eat less I'm the fat girl trying yet another unsuccessful diet. I need to develop a healty way of viewing food. It is not the enemy. In the correct forms, it is necessary. I will get there. 



0 comments: