Yesterday, I got a call while I was at work. My cousin, but really, growing up, she was closer than a cousin. She was that cousin. The one you saw as a friend, My mom practically raised her. She babysat her a lot and they were really close. Well, she was working at a convenient store. Got robbed. He had the money, he was at the door and for some unknown reason, he turned around and shot her. Then, walked around the counter and shot her in the face, twice. Why do that? He had the money, she gave it to him with no trouble. I am raw, I hate, I am angry and devastated. She was a ray of sunshine, she was the person you were next to in line that when you walked away, you felt happier. Her laugh was infectious and her smile lit up a room.
And I had to tell my mom. Whenever something happens, I am the one who cannot have grief, it belongs to her. It's always greater for her. When it was my grandfather, it was her dad. When it was my dad, it was her husband. My grandmother, her mom. My grief is always second. I have to take care of her, let her grieve and be her rock. I cry, when I am driving, taking a shower, sleeping. In front of her, I am stone. If I have emotion, it makes her's worse. If I have no emotion, I am unfeeling. I am just never right.
And poor Kelley, I freaked her out without intending too. I just didn't want to have to say the words out loud twice. They are horrific words that no one should have to say. Shot. Murder. No FUCKING reason. None. These people need to be punished, however is most appropriate. I know how I would like it to go down, but it's not up to me.
And I had to tell my mom. Whenever something happens, I am the one who cannot have grief, it belongs to her. It's always greater for her. When it was my grandfather, it was her dad. When it was my dad, it was her husband. My grandmother, her mom. My grief is always second. I have to take care of her, let her grieve and be her rock. I cry, when I am driving, taking a shower, sleeping. In front of her, I am stone. If I have emotion, it makes her's worse. If I have no emotion, I am unfeeling. I am just never right.
And poor Kelley, I freaked her out without intending too. I just didn't want to have to say the words out loud twice. They are horrific words that no one should have to say. Shot. Murder. No FUCKING reason. None. These people need to be punished, however is most appropriate. I know how I would like it to go down, but it's not up to me.
I will miss you. We all will.




14 comments:
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Fucking senseless is what it is. This past fathers day my sister lost one of her 17 year old students. Also during a store robbery. Guy killed 4 people. Death sentence is too easy for these people.
So sorry Stacey.....my thoughts and prayer's are with you and your family.
Sooooo sad!!
Oh noooo. I am so, so sorry to hear this sad news.
I am so sorry! I hope they catch the bastard.
oh my Lord girl... how tragic. thoughts and prayers to you all...what a horrible horrible tragedy...
Really there is nothing to say to make you feel any better or take back what happened. I am so sorry. I hate that such senseless things like this take place. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. And grieve however you feel you need to without concern for how it affects others. You are owed that much. Huggs friend.
I am so so sorry for your loss. I'll be praying for you and your family.
Oh goodness, that is just terrible. It is so nonsensical and it just makes you sick. I'm so sorry.
I'm so sorry, my friend. <3
Call me any time, if you need to talk.
I am sorry Stacey.
OMG - this breaks my heart. I"m so sorry honey. So so sorry.
I am so sorry about your loss. I know there is no amount of comfort to bring her back but we are def praying for all of you guys and praying for justice upon that guy.
<3
So sorry. That sucks. Bad.
My dear lord, I am sooooo sorry
Post a Comment