We got in yesterday. It was a hard trip, almost 4,000 miles in total.
I don't have a lot to say, emotionally and physically I am drained. It was a nice service, but I wish they had not done an open casket. It did not look like her and you could see the bullet holes in her temple even though they tried to conceal it. I hate that this happened.
On a lighter note, I somehow managed to lose weight. My last weigh in was at 143.8 and I was 143 this morning. Go figure. We ate our way through Lubbock, hitting all the places that we don't have in California. I was expecting a gain.
I have been reading blogs on my phone and iPad while gone, but haven't really caught up yet. I will work on that today.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
Location:home



2 comments:
I've been a bad blog reader and had to go back and find out what you were talking about. I'm soooo sorry for you loss. We went through a similar thing in our family a few years ago and it was HORRIFIC for everyone involved. Glad to hear you're home safe though. Very impressive that you managed to lose weight while you were gone... I eat my way through all our trips and am never so lucky, lol.
*hugs* I know it must have been horrible, but I'm so glad you're back, Stacey.
Love you!
Post a Comment