Ok, I missed a day already. But I am here today.
Last night was actually pretty good, we had Italian Chicken and veggies for dinner. I am really loving butternut squash. baked right, they taste like potatoes to me. Awesome! I can totally get behind using this more. My DS wasn't thrilled about it, but he is a very picky eater....mainly if it's not bad for you he won't eat it. He's 19 and starting new habits with him is like pulling teeth.
I sat out in the back yard and enjoyed the weather and read for a few hours when I got home from work. I am really enjoying my eReader. Especially since now iTunes now will let you export books from your phone. I can transfer all my books to the reader and not have to read off of that tiny screen anymore. Yay!
I am kind of nervous about having the WLS surgery. From what I am reading, Kaiser may be phasing out the lap-band and pushing more for vertical sleeve. I am now going back and forth about what I want to do. It does sound appealing except for having to take vitamins for the rest of my life. I am so forgetful about taking vitamins, I worry that I will really damage myself I also don't know that my husband will be as supportive of that surgery.
I guess I am really counting my chickens before they hatch seeing as how I haven't even been called in for my appt yet. I am gonna stay positive. It will work out the way it needs to work out.
Just an edit to add....they just called and I go for the WLS orientation on July 13th. Yay!
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Day 7
Posted by Stacey at 9:19 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Hi Stacey, this is Ashley from the lapband board. I was sleeved on May 25th. And as far as vitamins go, the sleeve has no malabsorbstion so you can miss a day or two in between. Also you still need to take vaitamins with the lapband :) Keep up the good work and soon enough you will be at goal!
Post a Comment