BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MySpace Layouts »

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Re-entering Technology...

Yay! We finally have internet back at work. Seriously, I learned work sucks without entertainment. I still don't really have a computer at home, just my netbook. And it makes me cuss, so I stay away from it.

I am leaving work here in a few to go to my one year surgical checkup. I feel like I should be able to do a "in your face" dance for my doctor. He told me I would probably only lose 30-40 pounds total and hoped I would be happy with that. I assured him I would, knowing full well that if I worked it, I would be more successful than that. So, here I am 79.4 pounds lighter going into this appointment. Boo-yah!

Weekend before last, I took my car in for an oil change and service. When we went back to pick up, it wasn't quite ready, so we walked around the showroom floor looking at cars, and wound up talking to a salesman and yes, I traded in my Rav for the 2012 Prius V. (Despite the creepy-people commercial). I am in total love with this car and am so happy that I did it. However, Olaf says I am not allowed to take the car in for oil changes anymore. He will take it in from now on. Yeah, right. But, this was such a cool experience. I never thought in my life I would be able to walk into a showroom and just say, I'll take that. The car had 3 miles on it. 3!. Now it has over 500 due to my stupid commute. But in that 500 miles, I have only filled up one time. That is the stuff that awesome sauce is made up of in life. It's the little things.  :)
 

We are going to Sacramento for the weekend for our anniversary. I still can't believe he has put up with me (and my whacked out family) for 11 years. He is such a great guy. I think I will keep him. (Won't take him in for an oil change and upgrade!) We are leaving after work tomorrow and not coming back until Monday. We are both playing hookey. That is something he NEVER does. It makes me feel special!  :)

I had so many things I wanted to tell you while I was out of commission, now I can't remember a darn thing! Such is my mind. I will remember after I hit publish. 

Ok, I better get busy so I can get my stuff done before I head out to show my dr how awesome I am. Toodles!

1 comments:

Justawallflower said...

When is your anniversary? Mine is this weekend as well! Saturday!

Why did your surgeon think you would not lose like you have? Is he anti-band?

Love the new car......just don't tell my husband I said so! He is anti-prius!

How is the work babysitting going? and the stalker at work? Is he gone now?