BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MySpace Layouts »

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Reconditioning

Hello again, I am going to give this ANOTHER shot. I have fallen to the wayside in a big way and need to kick my own backside and get busy.

So, here goes.

Confession time. I have been gaining weight, rapidly. I have gained almost 20 lbs since we went to Chicago. And that is not a good trend. I keep toying with the idea of putting a stop to it. By toying, I mean that I have thought about it, dismissed it and kept going. The last few days I have been seriously taking inventory of what it is that I need.

At first, as we all know, the weight came off like butter. And I thought to myself that it was "easy" and I would deal with other issues as they popped up. Only, I didn't. I dismissed the issues and chalked it up to "I deserve this popcorn, or this cookie or all of these cookies." And the issues kept coming up and coming up. So, I am not recommitting. Instead, I am learning how to recondition. I am going to educate myself and learn to recognize my triggers and meet them head on. I am going to learn how to eat mindfully, instead of what I can eat the most of with my smaller stomach.

I have had a huge shift here lately. I am letting go of anger that I don't know that I fully even understood. I have decided that I am going to be a happy person. With so many people living in our house and with it being a somewhat toxic environment at times, I need to embrace my own values and attitude and not react to their attitudes and values. We are all on different paths even if we are on the same journey. And this is where I need to quit blaming them for trampling mud on my path. I need to see that mud and then power wash it out of my way, I got places to go.

Things have to be done with more food based choices rather than thinking I can run it off. I have found out I can no longer run and might have to have spinal surgery. Turns out, the back pain I have been begging them to take seriously for a while now instead of just throwing Vicodin at me is caused by three grape size cysts that are pressing into my spinal cord.

So I chose Sundays as my weigh in day. I will post my weight here. I need to know that I have to tell someone, and that accountability might help me make better choices for me.

And thanks to Lap Band Gal for the nudge to post today!

ETA...I said Sundays would be weigh in day and then proceeded to forget to put my weight! DUH!!!

So, today's weight is 169.4   :o(

It will be better next week.

10 comments:

Lap Band Gal said...

Welcome back to the blogosphere my friend! :) I can't wait to see what your next post will be about.

Jacqueleen Rainville said...

Congrats for recommitting! You have a new follower in me! You will do great!!!

Cheri said...

Lots to deal with - family stuff, health stuff - glad you are getting more support for yourself. :-) Glad to see you back blogging again!

700 pounds is as bad as it sounds said...

Hi Stacey, I found you through Lap Band Gal's blog. Good job getting back on the horse!

P.s. I love the cookie monster background, that's neat

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog. Good for you for getting back at it. You can do it :-)

Tina@The BanditGirl said...

Stacey! LBG sent me and I just wanted to say welcome back! I just recommitted myself on my journey and it feels good!

Kyra said...

Welcome back (just found you, but welcome just the same!) Sounds like you're on the right track for you. :) Interestingly, back when I moved to chicago I gained a lot of weight. I think it's a conspiracy! ;)

Jen said...

glad you are back and committed to doing what you need to do for YOU! I hope there is another BOOB's get away, I'd love to visit again! :)

Beth Ann said...

I have gained 25 pounds since my plastic surgery. Boooo! But now it is time to get rid of it. And you can do it too. We can do this!

Darlin1 said...

I'm proud of you Stacey....you are an inspiration!

XO