BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MySpace Layouts »

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Yum.

So, I found a blog called The Yummy Life. On there was a strange sounding recipe, but I decided to try out. It was No Cook Refrigerator Oatmeal. More specifically, the Banana and Peanut Butter Oatmeal. And I must say, I am smitten. It took me all of 5 minutes to throw it together last night and this morning, I had an awesome breakfast. I would have taken a picture, but it did not turn out as pretty as her pictures. Oh well, I am not all that visually driven. I want taste and I want it to be yummy. And this certainly is.

Also, have you noticed that things you did not like before surgery are appealing now? We went to pick up the first wave of Wedding Guests and the one we were picking up had bought Olaf a double shot latte. I have never been into coffee, but I was thirsty so I took a sip. Holy Balls, Batman, where have you been all my life? So, me being me, I have to figure out how to make it at home and not buy them. I also thought I would try some flavored coffees. EHRMAGERD! I love this stuff. I got the Donut Shop Coconut Mocha (we have a Keurig) and the Green Mountain Pumpkin Spice. And a milk frother. And now I have to stop this. Or they will be peeling me off the walls and ceiling.

Speaking of wedding guests, we are going to have a packed house. We have The Usher (he is the one we picked up), my brother in law, and the MOH (don't get me started on her), and Drum Roll....my ex-husband. Yeah, he will be staying with us. I am really hating that. I cannot stand to be around him because I just want to throttle him for every time he hurt the kids. Not physical, but just the typical absent father crap. Thankfully, he will only be here from Friday night late to Monday. Saturday is the wedding, so I won't be around to deal with him that day. I can do this. Deep breaths, no cookies. No cookies, no cookies.


7 comments:

Rhonda said...

Why do I have to know this yummy goodness exists? WHY? lol

I hope you manage to not kill your ex-husband.

Rhonda said...

Oh, and good luck this weekend!

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

OMG - you are a saint...seriously. If you don't have a cookie then you're a saint and an angel and my hero. Wow. Deep breaths babe. YOu hold all the power over how you react to him.

Beth said...

Good luck this weekend! I also have found I like different things then I did per-surgery. Weird huh?

MandaPanda said...

Good luck this weekend and with not killing your ex or pigging out on cookies!

My tastes have changed quite a bit since being banded...I now prefer spicier foods...including jalapenos in every form which I never liked before and BEANS! Can't get enough beans. :)

Steph said...

Good luck to you and your survval over the cookies. Just remember to breathe, not stress, relax and enjoy the wonderful coming wedding and then BOOM! You'll b in Chicago with Kelley!

Darlin1 said...

HAVE FUN!!

XO