But not in the way most mothers in law are. Oh we have bumped heads, but only one time and since we have to have a translator (Olaf), it wasn't too bad. They will be here until Aug 13th, so there is plenty of time for that.
No, she is the devil because she is SUCH a good cook. But she cooks your typical German fare. Lots of knoedels and heavy meats and oh the sauces. I am beside myself with sauces. I am not typically a sauce person. I don't like wet food. But, you just don't tell her no. And it's showing on the scales. I am up 3 lbs since they got here. I am not panicking over this. I know it is temporary, but I am going to have to figure out a way to back off without causing problems. She knows about my surgery, so I think I will probably just tell her that I am having a problem with the richness of the gravy.
And on top of that...Grant is taking a baking class, so he is bringing home tarts and pies and cakes and yesterday made cookies at home. Cookies, chocolate chip with a Reese cup baked inside. Evil Evil Evil. I had the bright idea that I would not have them in the house, so I brought them to work. Umm, yeah. I am here too, so that is kind of a fail.
This Sunday is the SF Marathon. We are doing the Progressive Marathon. That is where you run/walk 23.1 miles prior to race day and then do the extra 3.1 on race day. I hit that in less than a week. I have been looking forward to this race for 7 months now. I signed up in January. But now, even though I repeatedly ask him to plan it on another weekend, Olaf invited a bunch of people over for a cookout on Saturday. I was furious, but what can I do. I told him I would not participate and I would be going to bed early. We will have to leave about 4:30 am to get there, park and walk to the race area. Argh.
We are almost done with the radiant floor heating. It is looking so nice. Here is a picture from when we first started. This room and three others are completed now.
We went to the Farmer's Market last week and Miss Priss got to ride a horse. She loved it and took to it like a natural. She even had the rider's sway going on.
No, she is the devil because she is SUCH a good cook. But she cooks your typical German fare. Lots of knoedels and heavy meats and oh the sauces. I am beside myself with sauces. I am not typically a sauce person. I don't like wet food. But, you just don't tell her no. And it's showing on the scales. I am up 3 lbs since they got here. I am not panicking over this. I know it is temporary, but I am going to have to figure out a way to back off without causing problems. She knows about my surgery, so I think I will probably just tell her that I am having a problem with the richness of the gravy.
And on top of that...Grant is taking a baking class, so he is bringing home tarts and pies and cakes and yesterday made cookies at home. Cookies, chocolate chip with a Reese cup baked inside. Evil Evil Evil. I had the bright idea that I would not have them in the house, so I brought them to work. Umm, yeah. I am here too, so that is kind of a fail.
This Sunday is the SF Marathon. We are doing the Progressive Marathon. That is where you run/walk 23.1 miles prior to race day and then do the extra 3.1 on race day. I hit that in less than a week. I have been looking forward to this race for 7 months now. I signed up in January. But now, even though I repeatedly ask him to plan it on another weekend, Olaf invited a bunch of people over for a cookout on Saturday. I was furious, but what can I do. I told him I would not participate and I would be going to bed early. We will have to leave about 4:30 am to get there, park and walk to the race area. Argh.
We are almost done with the radiant floor heating. It is looking so nice. Here is a picture from when we first started. This room and three others are completed now.
We went to the Farmer's Market last week and Miss Priss got to ride a horse. She loved it and took to it like a natural. She even had the rider's sway going on.




3 comments:
I wish I could tell you to send your mother in law down my way, but I don't need the calories either! You will survive, although I would have scarfed down about an entire platter of peanut butter cup cookies for sure. Stay strong and good luck with the marathon. That is just so awesome!
Aww, I love the flooring and the pic of little missy. She looks so stinkin' cute!
As for the mother-in-law and soon-to-be-son-in-law, tell 'em no more tempting you! Or at least not every single day. The sauce being too rich line sounds like a winner. :)
chocolate chip with reeces...my kryptonite...thank goodness I'm the only one that cooks around here...I'm not sure I could handle it! Good luck in the next couple weeks!
Post a Comment