"Accept challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory." -George S. Patton.
I am not good with challenges. I always start off great and then I forget that I was doing it. Or I make and excuse to slide "just this once". I can't remember the last time I felt the exhilaration of victory. Was it when I decided to give up dieting and really learn how to eat right? Was it 5 years ago when I quit smoking. When do challenges like this become a victory? They will be an ongoing challenge for a very long time.I no longer feel like a smoker, but I know that I will always be one puff away from being exactly where I was. I can't stand the smell of it and now I think if I were to start again, I would always be conscious of the smell.
Maybe that's a victory.
But when it comes to fitness, I seem to be all gung ho at first. Then I lose steam and stop. Then I feel guilty. So then I give up. I need to find what works for me. I like walking, but I am tired of the same old scenery. Working out at my house is not an option. At the moment we have 8 people living in a 3 bedroom house and we are falling on top of each other at it is. Hopefully the kids will get their heads on straight soon and move on to the next stage of life. Maybe my mom will get her head on straight and move on to her next stage in life. It would be nice to have space to put my treadmill, or do the videos that I have.
BUT
I cannot use them as an excuse anymore. I need to find another option. even if it means doing situps in the closet or jumping jacks in the bathroom. There is always an option.
So, I accept the challenge for today and I will feel the exhilaration of VICTORY today. And I will be back tomorrow.



1 comments:
Like!
Post a Comment